Primerica - Pure scam

Apr 28, 2008
review #119157

Primerica took my $125 a month that I was paying for 250K and gave me 450k for $100 a month.Which saved me $25 a month.

Then I put the $25 I was saving a month and put it into their mutual fund. If the mutual fund performs like it has the last 75 yrs., I will have 33k, after the 30 yr. term. It must be a scam, b/c citi backs them and we all know citi got to be that big by scamming people.

I know that it sounds to good to be true, but its not. This is what is available to people, banks and insurance companies just don't reveal their secrets.

They don't want you to be smart, becase they lose money when you figure it out.Good Luck!

96740b1
Had an experience with Primerica?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions

Mar 01

a company with such a good reputation sure finds itself defending against claim scams alot!!! i cant scream loud enough of how many complaints at Consumer Affairs say exactjy the same tricks and scams they use to take what little money you have! They do it 99+ dollars at a time with the fake backrund and licensce fees

Poppy

Jan 15 Sacramento, California

Well I'm not a proponent of Primerica, but it sounds like you are doing quite well. You almost doubled your coverage for the benefit of your surviving spouse and or family, and you are saving $25.00 a month that you weren't saving before. Even if you break even, you'll have more than you would have otherwise; since you were effectively paying more for your previous policy. How does one turn a good decision into a bad one? Is it mob mentality? If your not saving the money somewhere, shame on you. You missed the whole point of what you initially did if you're not saving the $$$, and that's what separates the haves from the have not's; poor financial decisions. I hope you didn't listen to the nay sayers, unless of course you found an even cheaper policy and your saving all that money too!!!

primerican aunt

Aug 19, 2013 Queens Village, New York

U should. It's the best thing out here. my nephew is 21 years old just turned IN fact. And he brung a primerica agent to my house and showed me great things. I couldn't believe the things I learned. And I got they insurance as well. Don't listen to anyone try it out yourself. The worst thing that could happen is you become educated on something new. Do it it's not a scam it's legit my my nephew just join n rocking house :grin

NewPrimericaRep

Sep 16, 2013 Fort Worth, Texas

Primerica underwrites their own life insurance policies. They are not the cheapest or most expensive life insurance policies but they do not have all the exclusions and riders that others charge for too. Also, it's more than just the life insurance! You must understand to invest and become deby free too!

Neko

Apr 02, 2013 Stockton, California

So, sounds like everyone is either talking about working for or getting hired by Primerica. What I want to know is if you do get insured by them and actually have to file a claim, how will that end up? Has anyone had any experience with filing a claim and receiving their benifits?

1 0 Reply
Texas

May 16, 2013

The claim filing process is quick and straight forward. My personal interaction with it was as painless as possible and the company paid the entire claim without a hiccup.

Joe

Mar 08, 2013 West Palm Beach, Florida

Before deciding joining primerica or not, listen to those people please. On the primericabusinessopportunity website. I'm a mechanic working part time with them, I have my life license, series 6, 63, 65, 27. I'm studying for my series 7 right now. Primerica is not for everyone, you have to be passionate about helping people before the big bucks come.

haha

Jan 15, 2013 Bethel, Connecticut

I was contacted by Primerica today.

Here's the thing you have to understand.....

If a job has to do a group interview and presentation to and ask you to pay to come work for them...that should be your red flag.

They profit off of your family (which is why they ask you for their info), and you make more money the more people you bring in.

Pyramid scam was the name for it years ago, then it went to Multi-Level Marketing, and I forget the new industry term, but at the end of the day they sell you on a job, you pay to get hired, and you give your family's info to get started.

0 0 Reply
Not a Primerica agent, but ope

May 17, 2013 Little Rock, Arkansas

Sounds like you're a B.E.M. (Booger Eating ***). You obviously have no clue how multi-level marketing really works. For the sake of your own family, get educated.

Jul 18, 2013 Phoenix, Arizona

Multi-level marketing and pyramid scheme better known as the (Ponse Scheme) are two way different things. Do your research before you post idiotic ***...

Aug 18, 2013 Salt Lake City, Utah

Multi level marketing and pyramid schyme are synonymous. A Ponse scheme is a completely different animal altogether. Please educate yourself before putting others down.

????

Jul 21, 2013 Tucson, Arizona

DUDE PRIMERICA IS NOT A JOB ITS AN OPPORTUNITY TO BUILD AND OWN YOUR OWN BUSINESS..AND IT WORKS BUT IN ORDER TO MAKE IT GROW U HAVE TO GO OUT AND WORK FOR YOUR BUSINESS AND IF U DONT UNDERSTAND THAT...STAY @ YOUR JOB MAKE SOMEONE ELSES DREAM COME TRUE AND RETIRE BROKE..AND GOOGLE WHAT A MULTI LEVEL MARKETING IS STARTING HOW YOUR JOB OR CO. WORKS...

Chuck

Sep 26, 2012

Being "On the NY Stock Exchange" is no indicator or measure of legitimacy. Bernard Madoff's company was after all, listed in the NY Exchange and NASDAQ as well as European exchanges. And we all now know how well that turned out.

I wish all participants well in any entrepreneurial efforts and hope the natural decadence of "MLM" systems won't disappoint.

Trista Felton

Sep 11, 2012

Just to let the people out there that think Primerica is a scam, you are wrong, i work for primerica, we are on the new york stock exchange, and if you listened in your interview, the 99 dollars you pay is for your background, and you get that back it is included in your 1000 sign on bonus that you get after getting your liscense, that, in turn, remind you, the company pays for... so tell me exactly how that is a scam, oh and the reasoning in the list of family and friends is to get your table interviews and training done. How do yout think you are able to work for Primerica not knowing the business.... People... Stop being so ignorant

1 0 Reply
Dick Creamypants

Jul 26, 2012

I once let a prime rica rep touch my hole and give me a rusty trombone while he consolidated my debt. He even ate te dingleberries out of my pubes afterwards. It was awesome.

JAVIER NEGRETE

Jul 26, 2012

I JUST WENT TO AN INVERVIEW? FIRST THEY SAY THEY PROVIDE LEADS AND CLINENTS. THEN TODAY THEY WANTED A WARM UP LIST OF MY FAMILY AND FRIENS? OR IF NOT I HAVE TO PAY $99.00 TO START. IF THEY HAVE A HIGH CLIENTEL WHY DO THEY NEED MINE FAMILY AND FRIENDS?, SOMEBODY SAID IT IS LIKE A PERIMIND SCAM WHERE THEY TAKE YOUR MONEY AND THEN YOU NEED TO PUT PEOPLE UNDER YOU FOR YOU TO GROW. I THINK THE CIA IS BEHIND ALL THE SCAMS THAT’S WHY THEY GET AWAY WITH IT, WHO ARE THEY GOING TO CALL AFTER THE CIA? GOV.? THEY CATCH ALL THE LITTLE FISISH AND THE BIG MONEY RUNS LAUGHING ALL THE WAY TO THE BANK! WHAT I WAS TOLD IS THAT PRIMERICA WAS ONE OF THE ONLY INSURANCE COMPANIES THAT PAID OUT ON 9/11? IS THAT TRUE? OR SOMETHING TO JUST MAKE THEM LOOK CREDITABLE?=I GUESS IT IS A SCAM BECAUSE THEY DONT WANT ME THERE OR THEY HAVE SOMETHING TO HIDE? AND THEN THE PRON INDUSTRY JUMPS IN AND SAYS?=WE CAN HELP YOU PAY THOSE BILLS???FUNNY.

Proud to be a Primerican

Jan 22, 2013

I hope they didn't accept your IBA. It's obvious that you represent the shallow end of gene pool.

1-20 of 111 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Primerica.
Filing a new complaint about
×