RVP in Primerica is a license to steal!

My wife and I worked in Primerica for 2 years, earned our Green Jacket (Top 150 reps in the company below Regional Vice President) and made it to Regional Manager (1 Step below RVP) only to have my RVP steal my entire team from us and force us out of the business. I always knew Primerica Financial Services (PFS) was a multi-level marketing company but that never bothered at the time. People in the company will pretend to care about you and be your friend but believe me, they don't and they aren’t. They only care about how much money you can make them. If you believe otherwise then you're just as much of a sucker as I was. It's only a matter of time before you realize this yourself and you'll quit.

If you currently work in Primerica, you don't believe anything I'm telling you right now, I understand that. They had me brainwashed too. But right now, you're better off quitting and doing something else. If you want to start a business, that's fine. Do it the right way, get a real job or career, save some money and start a REAL business. Don’t start some multi-level *** that will never work. I'm sure your upline manager has already been in your head. I used to do it to other people. I brainwashed people so that they wouldn't quit and would only listen to me. I've been farther in Primerica than most people you know. I have all the licenses and won all the company trips and did everything they said would work only to have it taken from me. And you know what? The company gives their RVP's 100% control of the office and when my team (25 people actively showing up) was taken from me, the company stood by their RVP and did nothing. I never thought he would do it to me just like you might think your RVP would never do that to you, but it happened. Do your family a favor and GET OUT while you can. I won’t say his name but I guarantee if you’ve been in PFS long enough, you've heard of him. He was on the cover of FYI magazine. (A Primerica magazine featuring the young and successful in the company)

After I left PFS it took me a year to pick up the pieces and get my career back to where it was. PFS ruined personal relationships I had with people I was close to. We were taught if people wouldn't sit down with us and listened to what we were selling then we shouldn't talk to them anymore. I taught others to do that as well. I severed numerous relationships. My RVP wanted me to buy hookers with him when we were in Mexico for his bachelor party. I'm a married man, that's not happening, even if I wasn't married. When we got back from Mexico my RVP was so afraid I was going to tell his fiancé about how many hookers he bought he started to sabotage my business. He started stealing people off my team and putting them under him and turned other people in the office against me. He was stealing overrides from me so I would quit. He had many ways he used to do it. In the end he stole $2000 worth of overrides from me when I was at my father’s bedside after he had triple bypass surgery. At that time my family really needed that money because I was taking time away from the business to take care of my father and his business affairs. My RVP also figured out ways to manipulate the system to win trips that he didn't deserve. That's how he got into FYI magazine. The guy was a total crook. I told Primerica’s home office and even his upline who are National Sales Director's. They all treated my wife and I like outcasts. They all protect their RVP's and that's that. That's one of the main flaws of the system. Your RVP can do whatever they want to you and get away with it. And if you go and complain, they just spin it back around on you and say that you're a negative person and you don't want to work. If you have worked there as long as I have you get to see how it works. It's all about manipulating people to believe whatever you want them to believe.

Listen; if you have a family, you need to GET OUT. Look at what people make below RVP. You can see what almost everyone makes in the company if you’re a member on the company’s website. It only shows the top 25 income earners but not the 1000's of others who make nothing unless you know how to look for it. Yeah, once in a while someone has a good month but then that's it. It's feast and famine. Even IF you make it to RVP, there's still no guarantee you'll make money. Once you qualify for RVP you have to give your entire team away to your upline and start all over again. You know how many RVP's the company has that make next to nothing or quit? Tons. The company doesn't talk about those people though. The odds of becoming successful in any MLM are slim to none. They sell you on this pipe dream that never comes to fruition. When you're on the inside, they keep pumping your head with all this fluff so you won't get discouraged because they know if you quit they won't make as much money. They're employing you for free!!! Don't you get it? You don't own ANYTHING until you've been an RVP that has other RVP's for at least 5 years. Otherwise it has no value. Listen, do what you want but just think about your family first! Contrary to what your RVP will tell you, the only person that has your best interests in mind is YOU! NOT THEM, YOU! So when they give you this BS about how they're looking out for you, don’t listen! You may work for Primerica now and you may not have wanted to hear what I just told you. But just remember what you just read the day you finally decide to quit. That day is inevitable and then you’ll know I was right. Good luck to you!

More Review Details

Helpful? 49 Yes 49 231 No 231
Had the same issue 50 Yes 50
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Login
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Aug 06 #1016390

"We were taught if people wouldn't sit down with us and listened to what we were selling then we shouldn't talk to them anymore."
If true, that right there tells you that RVP is an evil person and you should have switched teams. RVP'a that make next to nothing? how could that be with the requirements for RVP? Your story doesn't add up.

Jul 16 #1008259

I am a RVP and the entire truth is not being told. There are times when an RVP does not get along with his/her people due to circumstances. Outbid the time it is not hookers , it may be your quality score. In my opinion a person should go to their insurance commissioner. blasting people or companies on social network is surely a bridge breaker.

Jul 08 #1005237

How did they steal your team? I don't understand how that could happen.

Jul 08 #1004881

You give a replacement not your whole team
Yeah whoever you were with screwed you

1 0 Reply

Jul 05 #1003920

You know how many people quit in every business including jobs where they are poorly paid for hard work. Have no idea what you and RVP is but know this hard working people make it in every field and know how system works in advance. Go to work at something but stop whining

4 0 Reply

Jun 21 #997720

Primerica is for everyone, but not everyone is for primerica. Your language has little to do with success. A smooth, intelligent talker can have worse intentions than this guy who just speaks his mind colorfully. Don't judge a book by its cover.

2 0 Reply
Yep

Jun 21 #997719

Always two sides of a story . And I've only heard yours. .

2 0 Reply

Apr 23 #975739

I don't know what base shop you were part of or who was your RVP, but I can assure you, that is not the case where I am. My RVP is nothing like you descrbe, and our base shop does not operate that way. Either your RVP WAS a real loser, or you are the acaharacter with the issues. Stop hating on Primerica because it wasn't for you.

18 1 Reply

Apr 15 #972365 Prairieville, Louisiana

How are you going to use your situation as if every office has the same kind of people and processes. This whole post is ***! Plenty of people make money in PFS and if they don't it's because they don't WORK!
Foolish people like you scare people away from real opportunities.
There's always two sides of the story then there's the truth.

14 2 Reply

Mar 30 #965799 Los Angeles, California

Hmm, you never said why your RVP took your team. There must have been a reason right? If a business told you that you should not talk to people who do not want your services to stop talking to them, how do you even rationalize this?
My friend you obviously are clueless. Enjoy you career working for someone else, but dont try to hold someone back by posting this ***.

12 5 Reply
RHNSR

Mar 25 #963448

Glad I didn't listen to idiots like you. I, like everyone else, started Primerica part time. My RVP, and Im sure others, as well, always taught us to KEEP OUR JOBS until we 1. are debt free, 2. have at least 12 months living expense saved up, 3. making more money in Primerica than we were on our jobs BEFORE we go full time. I did just that.. and here I am, 11 years in the business.. a successful RVP, with MANY successful full time and part time reps.
Before I joined Primerica, I came across blogs like yours, and thank God I did not pay them any mind. Today, I am NOT wealthy, but I'm free.. I make more money than I ever made in any job (by the way, I left a $70k yr career of 15 years). I have not had to punch a clock or wake up to an alarm clock for the last 8 years. I attend ALL of my children functions. My wife works for ME..NOT another MAN.. AGAIN, I am not a million dollar earner.. I barely make six figures, but I am FREE! I'll take my life over anyone who has to punch a clock and work 40-50 hours a weeks.
I love Primerica... and so does my family..

22 1 Reply

Jun 27 #1000296

Whohooo!!! Yay! You did it. I love to hear stories like this. It makes me believe in PFS.

7 0 Reply
wuo

Jan 27 #936820 Markham, Ontario

You sound like a baby complaining because u couldn't fight for a candy bar. Lol...

13 1 Reply
Jayson

Jan 23 #935200 Pennsauken Township, New Jersey

This *** and others mothwrfuckers really need to stop complaining about Primerica, Googles complainers mothersfuckers I'm making $60,000 in New Jersey and you mothwrfuckers Keep talking shut about how suck you was In the company!!! Stop it really!! Go search your own company that you WORK for and let's see what reviews come up!!

5 4 Reply

Apr 02 #966832 Bellflower, California

Judging by the colorful choice of words you have chosen to respond with, it is only that much clearer that companies such as Primerica could care less about who they "employ." Furthermore the obvious grammatical errors just further proves you only need half a brain to work for Primerica.

3 0 Reply
Happy I left the PFS nightmare

Nov 08, 2014 #897181

Primerica just really sucks. My upline, an SVP in O'Fallon Illinois named Larry Engholm, recently closed his office and lost his house to foreclosure. (Google it) He got in in 1983 and even after all those years couldn't keep it going. The guy is in his 60's with no credit, no job, no business and having to start all over.
The people who say it all comes down to just hard work and coachability don't get it. You will see the truth clearly some day and understand how deceived you are.
Everyone who reads the OP's post needs to heed his advice. He speaks the truth.

2 13 Reply
Edwin

Nov 17, 2014 #901668 Los Angeles, California

If anyone is overwhelmed by what he does, then he burns out and quits. Primerica teaches you how to be strong inside out, you need to face the challenges and use your talents the best you can to prosper the mission of the company of teaching what is right.
I am sorry to hear of Engholm's sad plight, but challenges come in along the way and one has to come up to it and face all these with positivity, otherwise, you may as well find other ways to continue your journey in life with your family, with others, and most specially with God who gives us life and all the blessings in it including our talents and intelligence.
Somewhere, somehow, he must have had some negativity that affected his business just like whom I know who got burned out as RVP because he cannot stand being challenged by his upline.
Facing challenges with positivity as we carry our own cross enlightening others of the truth in God's words is so beautiful for it makes you conquer every evil there is in this world for in everything, you stand to follow and glorify God in truth and in love.
Blessings to all.

12 2 Reply
Wow

Feb 08 #942719 Tomball, Texas

You lied! He is still in business! Primerica must be a great company since you took the time to make this story up.

6 1 Reply
Primerica Reg Leader

Feb 09 #943267

Larry is still in Primerica but he did close his office and he also lost his home to foreclosure. He is still trying to sell the Primerica dream. He might working in another base shop, but I don't know. He has opened and closed more offices than I can count. The overhead is a killer for guys like Larry. This is typical.

1 0 Reply
ssrvald

Aug 17, 2014 #857745

Just so you know, your success and failure is TOTALLY up to you in Primerica, as is with any business and job. I feel sorry you had a negative experience with your up line but for me, this business was a giant self improvement movement. I see plenty of flaws in the corporate world as i work in one and they favor seniority over what is right and despite me taking on more responsibilities I get the same pay. Your pay in primerica will be a direct proportion to how you follow the business system, YOUR work ethic and willingness to be coachable. The only flaw in Primerica is that we don't get paid if you don't get paid, so the only way for us to make money is if WE teach YOU how to do it. So the only thing your RVP or upline will teach you is how to make money and be successful. The reason most people "fail", is because they weren't good students of the business. A successful student of the business would have figured out the system and have a team of individuals making money and ALSO living the dream. The opportunity isn't for everyone, only the ones open minded enough to see the opportunity or climb your way to the corporate ladder, backstabbing your coworkers so you can look good and get the promotion ( that's me right now). Success in Primerica is when you can teach someone else to be successful and once they learn it they can teach/ inspire others who are looking for the same opportunity.

9 1 Reply

1-20 of 116 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.