Phoenix, Arizona

Is AIG lying on their television ads about being the #1 term insurer in the United States? I keep hearing Primerica is the leader here on this website.

Who is telling the truth?

I'm really beginning to question the integrity of those that keep pushing this Primerica company. What training is offered to these agents? Are they financial advisors? My wife wants to buy term insurance because that's what Suze Orman says to buy.

Is this true? Is that what I should buy? What are the negatives to hole life insurance?

I wish there was an easy way to understand this stuff.

Comments

I’ve replaced multiple NYL policies for a Primerica policy that my clients were stunned to see what the insurance companies do to them once they are older and have a higher death risk. The training yes isn’t always insurance at Primerica, but it is also on leadership, saving, investing, being better sales person, and being a better trainer.

All insurance companies have agents that don’t understand the policies and even more alarming they are allowed to sell a whole life (look at the premium table and you’ll quickly see you’ll be priced out between 60-70 and start being forced to use your cash value to support the premium, so the whole life is virtually worthless at an old age, especially without a plan to retire) and other term agents never do the work of actually calculating how much you actually need (they just sell inadequately short like 10 years or low coverage policies $50k for a family of 3) and also price you out once your 65, again look at your premium table increase 20x the rate. Primerica yes may be slightly higher than competitors, but having an advisor, access to thousands of mutual funds over the 15 at your employer’s offered 401k, a contact you met face to face, and ability to extend your term at ten year intervals with a substantially less increase than other terms makes it a place I love working at.

I want to say something; my husband was with Priamerica for about 2 years and left to go to New York Life. We were totally brainwashed and scared to go, but we didn't like all the little clicks and fighting going in our little office.

When we went to NYL we found out right away that Priamerica didn't know anything about the insurance industry. They just use scared tactics to teach their people to hate the bankers and insurance industry so they could sell there term. First of all when we decided to replace our term insurance with NYL's term, it was so much cheaper our monthly premium drop by half and you know NYL is the one of the best insurance companies with a lot of money backing them. Also, Priamerica think that if you don't buy term you're wasting your money, this is not true either.

There is certain situation where you need a permanent policy, such a funding a trust, for special need child and in a lot of estate planning. Every person needs are different and term doesn't solve all of them. Also, people beware of buying from Priamerica, they aren't experts, and they’re only part time weekend RARA salesmen.

They think that their **** doesn’t stink and the rest of the insurance industry is totally wrong. They love to argue that.

I dont go with any of this BS from any of these company and no im not with P.A. im just a viewer but it sure seems like there is alot of slashing and jelousy from everyone that has something to say about primerica why dont you just try and sell from your own companys and keep your nose to yourself and let every one see for themselves!!

What did primerica slap your mama or something??? LOL

I worked with Primerica, in 2001; I left the company because I wanted to study, and get a college degree. I am back in the point of my life in search for the same job.

Now, I can't remember a lot, but what makes Term Life at Primerica betten the XYZ Term life, is the backing, the amount enforced, you can't just start a policy with the XYZ term life, if that company has started, and not enough premium is enforced hence the premium collected by the policy among a large members group would be able to pay the claims then a group member of a smaller group. Look up the company that has the most policies enforced, in term of premium, also the amount of claims were paid for a given sets number of years...and lastly the cost of the insurance, may be you want to pay a few extra dollars in premium that you can trust that in case your policy is cliamed, they would back it up!

at the end, I think Primerica Term is a good policy, a

Wonder what this *** vtch786 aka PFS Truth has to say now about the company and other companies he "represents".

I thought you said you were “done trying to argue with” me. Looks like you lied … that’s not good. It makes people really question whether you “replaced a[n] AIG policy last night” (Sorry … had to correct your grammar in your quote … If I did the same I would expect you to point it out … thanks). If you lied once you will lie again.

See you will come back and back and back again to defend Primerica because it eats at you … because I believe you are an honest person at heart and that seeing these facts weigh on your conscience … so you will come back to make yourself feel better …. to attack and name call …. hoping it will make the truth go away …. but you know in your heart you have sold out to the NAME and COMPANY Primerica not to the mission that Art started … to SAVE families money and protect them with as much insurance as possible at the lowest cost in an independent atmosphere.

So I know you will respond again because you are ashamed of what you are becoming unless your greed has made you turn your back on those families you vowed to look out for, in that case you won’t respond because you only care about the money you can make on that family and not about the mission.

You might already be at that point … you are already starting to lie about little stuff. Primerica has claimed another honest soul.

Whatever! Keep telling yourself those things.

I'm winning and those I associate with are winning and all while doing what's right for the customer and thier winning. The Truth hurts doesn't it?

I'm not too worried. Oh by the way, I replaced a AIG policy last night :-)

Goodbye

Let me get this straight, you want people to do research so much that you have no logical reason to say why a Primerica policy is better than any other term policy AND can not dispute even one fact that I put forth … you better hope no one reads this site when you are trying to recruit them.

You do realize that unbiased people looking to decide between joining Primerica or not come to this site and have now seen that when posed with legitimate questions the Primerica agent will ignore facts, call names, and run.

If you have been in the industry a long time but have no idea about The National Organization of Life and Health Insurance Guaranty Associations, that is really, really scary. It also shows the type of “training” done at Primerica.

It shows that if a Primerican “believes in the products and services” enough, hopefully their clients and recruits won’t notice Primerica HAS HIGHER PRICED PRODUCTS and are taking away more money out of family’s pockets. Money that family could use for the mortgage, food, gas, saving, or investing. And hopefully new recruits don’t realize that the captive contracts (IBA) that you have them sign BEFORE they understand it is not fair to the new recruit.

You encourage people to research, comparison shopping and make an educated decision but will not do your own research to find out that Primerica has higher priced product. You want people to sit down with ONLY the Primerica agent … hoping you can some way convince people to just buy or sign the IBA. I would love ANYONE trying to decide between an independent company and Primerica, to sit down with me and ANY Primerica agent. I would show logical facts and show the person how to get to their goals quicker and the Primerica person would yell “RAH RAH!! … SIGN WITH ME OR YOU’RE A *** HEAD!! ”. Who do you think they are going to go with?

I hope to run into you out there “trying” to replace AIG policies, I look forward to that showdown. So it happens faster, please remember I also have ING, Banner, Prudential, West Coast Life, ….. oh the list is too long for you to remember. Just remember they are ALL TERM POLICIES …. ALL BETTER THAN PRIMERICA ….

Because in the immortal words of Art Williams in the Autobiographical Book “Coach” (page 285) “I love that fact that we sell for another company, but we’re still independent. I don’t want to retire. I don’t ever want to work for some big corporation again. That’s the reason I left Waddell & Reed back in 1977 in the first place. I don’t ever want to sell A.L. Williams.”

That’s right, Daddy (Art Williams) wanted your company to stay what my company is INDEPENDENT.

Try sleeping with all of that on your conscience. Going to be hard for you to go to bed and close your eyes knowing all of this.

vtch786 aka PFS Truth

I'm done trying to argue with you - it's futile and is getting us no where! And no, I am not backing down, it just that I have better things to do with my time and this is getting nothing done for me or you and I don’t believe that the things that are said on this site are going to have a major impact. It appears that you don't have better things to do - how sad, I feel sorry for you. But first, just couple of comments. First off, whether I use just a period for my comments or I use a screen name with more letters, what difference could that possibly make? Come on, this is a site where people can make their comments anonymously and then move on. The name vtch786 aka PFS Truth means nothing to me or to anyone else. You and I both know that you are not going to use your real name so what does that have to do with anything? Secondly you accuse me of assuming so much yet you assume much more. I believe you'd actually be surprised how long I have been a Primerica agent (years now) and you assume that I don't know anything about the industry which is incorrect. I came to Primerica after having worked in the industry for other companies for several years and having obtained my licenses myself and paying for them myself, yes I am fully licensed and certified in Life and Health, Fire and Casualty and also in Securities as well as Long Term Care. I saw in Primerica a solution to people’s financial problems and an opportunity to actually help them rather than just selling them products they didn't need or products that were not in their best interest. This has been the greatest decision of my career and I am very glad that I came on board with them. When I can personally help a client reduce their "debt freedom date" in many cases by HUNDREDS of years, yes I said HUNDREDS, and then help them achieve their financial goals beyond what they ever could have imagined and then protect those assets that they have obtained, I am absolutely convinced that I am doing a great thing for my clients and I personally do have many of them. Will Primerica always provide the cheapest rates? Possibly not, but I believe in the products and services that Primerica provides 100% as being the best thing for them and there is nothing you can say or write here to convince me otherwise. I will not be leaving the company so that I can line my pockets by doing what's good for me and not doing what's right for the customer. I am doing quite well financially myself, thank you very much. I am providing a great life and environment for my family and helping people while doing it! In closing, I'm very happy for you that you have maintained friendships with others in Primerica, good for you! Maybe your old RVP will help you see the light someday! vtch786 aka PFS Truth, I am going to stand by my belief though, that YOUR issues with Primerica are personal and that you believe it's your personal "mission" to discredit them for some undisclosed reason. AGAIN, I WOULD ENCOURAGE OTHERS TO DO THE RESEARCH YOURSELVES, SIT DOWN WITH A PRIMERICA AGENT AND THEN DO SOME COMPARISON SHOPPING AND THEN MAKE AN EDUCATED DECISION ON WHAT YOU ARE BUYING TAKING INTO CONSIDERATION PRICE AND QUALITY. Don’t determine your decisions on what you read here based on what I say or what vtch786 aka PFS Truth says.

vtch786 aka PFS Truth, now if you'll excuse me, I have some AIG policies to go out and replace!

Well since you concede that you can not find even ONE reason why Primerica Life Insurance is better than term insurance at other companies. Let me give you a different question.

Name ONE thing I have said that BASHES Primerica. …. This one should be easier for you … you can go back and look at all my post, since I put my user name on ALL my post and don’t just put a period.

I have not said any thing that is not fact.

1. The IBA is a legal binding contract.

2. Primerica has chargebacks.

3. An agent does not OWN their business, the SVP (not even an RVP) does.

4. Primerica is priced higher than a lot of other term policies

5. Primerica policies are not different than term policies

6. Primerica is NOT the largest seller of term AIG is.

7. People who leave Primerica are not quitters or couldn’t make it at Primerica … people making six figures have left Primerica for better opportunities.. and helping a lot of people … you just don’t know those other companies exist. Because they don’t have clients and reps complaining about those companies online.

8. Primerica agents are captive agents

9. Primerica agents have to give up a “leg” (your MOST productive team) to become an RVP

10. You HAVE to recruit to move up in Primerica

11. Primerica agents have to be full time to become RVP

12. You can be “Rolled Back” which means lose the promotions that you have received and the commission levels at your RVPs discretion.

Etc … etc…. etc ….

Telling the truth is NOT bashing ….. it is telling the truth.

I have NEVER said:

1. Primerica is a pyramid scheme.

2. Primericans are just getting paid to recruit

3. Any of Primerica’s practices or products are illegal

4. Cash Value is better than term (I have said Term is better 95% of the time and that I have never sold Cash Value in my career)

You see I can tell 4 things about you by all your comments

1. You are new to the industry and new to Primerica

2. You are VERY defensive because you don’t know what you don’t know and it is easier to get defensive than to answer questions.

3. You would rather do name calling then actually debate the issues and facts

4. You do A LOT of assuming … rather than your own unbiased research.

You even ASSUME that I “couldn’t cut it or [was] terminated” …. Because there could not be ANY other explanations why a person would every leave the glorious Primerica.

It just does not make sense to your young Primerica career that a person would do really well at Primerica, decide to go independent because he wants to offer more choices to his clients and recruits and turn in a formal letter to the home office and his RVP giving his resignation.

I have friends still at Primerica (unbelievable right?) … But get this … I am still friendly with my old RVP (SHOCKER!!!!)

You see I feel bad for you because I think you are truly a good person … because most of the people that join Primerica are good people with good intentions.. your problem is that knowing the FACTS that you know now you have to make a moral and emotional decision that you are having a hard time with …. I have seen current Primericans handle it two ways ….. One: make changes by learning more and giving all information to their clients and recruits up front to be a completely honest person or Two: lash out and use name calling and ignore the facts and keep down the same destructive path being a less than honest person then when they started Primerica ….. Which person do you want to be?

vtch786 aka PFS Truth

Your ridiculous little opinion has been noted but in your case you just can't fix ***. You wouldn't be intelligent enough to understand anything that I would be *** enough to waste my time to tell you anyways.

You just continue to show that you have some personal issues with Primerica as I stated in my earlier post. I'm just guessing that either you couldn't cut it or you were terminated for some reason and now you're attempting to bash the company. I am only attempting to counter your attacks on Primerica by encouraging other thinking people to do the research themselves and not rely on your ridiculous, one sided opinions and and then go out and make an self educated decision based on price AND quality and I will continue to encourage people to do that. Now, are those people holding AIG policies like the ones you sold going to lose their policies or are the death claims not going to be paid?

Probably not. Why? Because we, the taxpayers now have to pay the price for a company's mismanagement of their corporation and it's funds. It's boils down to what I pointed out before, you stated yourself in another post and I quote you - "The Agents ARE the Company!!!" and since you enjoy comparing AIG's prices to Primerica so much then you must be pretty proud right now that you have been such a great supporter and sales person for AIG.

I can't even believe you said that MY lack of understanding of life insurance will hurt someone one day - what about what you've sold to your customers?

I owe you no other explanation nor will I give you one. I think I've made my point!

There must to be a reason why Primerica is singled on out on these posts for such criticism while other providers are not. I would have to ask if this is nothing more than a disgruntled former employee who was TERMINATED from Primerica. For what reasons, one can only speculate. It's interesting why no other company is being singled out for such criticism. Appears that vtch786 aka PFS Truth has a personal problem with Primerica. He even mentions PFS or Primerica in his screen name so that would be even more indication that this is a personal matter with Primerica

I would encourage anyone who is reading the postings on this site that are made by this individual to take what you read with a grain of salt. Claims can be posted on here by anyone but that does not necessarily make them true. Do the research yourselves, do some comparison shopping and then make an educated decision on what you are buying taking into consideration price AND quality.

@.

I agree and wanted to note I have multiple family members work for different firms and it’s all the same; some times a particular office has bad leaders, bad followers, or both. Occasionally people will be burned from State Farm to PRI to AIG. Inevitably there is only so much control a business owner has bringing in new agents who carry baggage or bad habits and even clients for that matter have these issues and it triggers them.

I asked you SPECIFICALLY what made a Primerica policy better than a term policy from another company and you COMPLETELY avoided the question. You clearly could not find a reason.

That just told everyone on this site that you would rather sell a higher priced product than to protect your clients at a lower cost.

Your lack of understanding of life insurance WILL hurt someone one day. YOU should do some research BEFORE that happens.

You would find you have that a Primerica policy is not special in ANY way.

This is what I got from that rant ....

I think you believe that if a Insurance Company goes bankrupt that the insurance policies will not be paid ....

That would show your ignorance in life insurance.... IF (and that is a big IF) you have passed your state life insurance test you would know that EVERY life insurance policy is GUARANTEED to be paid NO MATTER if the company exist any more or not .... it is called the STATE GUARANTY ASSOCIATION .

From the The National Organization of Life and Health Insurance Guaranty Associations (NOLHGA) website … www.nolhga.com

“What happens when my insurance company goes out of business?

Insurance companies that experience severe financial difficulties are taken over by the insurance department of the state in which they are based. You should be notified by the insurance department if this occurs. Even if the company is placed under the control of the insurance department, claims will continue to be honored as long as premiums are paid or cash value exists. The claims will be covered by state guaranty associations, which will either pay them directly or transfer the policies to a financially stable insurance company. “

You have just displayed your TOTAL lack of understanding of the industry for all to read …. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

As I have said before most people in Primerica have no idea what they don’t know … you have just proved it.

You signed a binding contract (IBA) without knowing what you signed … you’re spouting information from your RVP that you haven’t verified on your own … you figured a rah rah meeting makes you feel good so it must be right …. and your lack of understanding in the industry WILL hurt someone and their family.

What you have written here should be enough to prove most people that Primericans are ignorant to FACTS … and will choose to ignore them completely if they don’t agree with their position.

But let’s take it a step further ….

Now be careful …. We are watching for you to slip up .. and display ignorance again…

I really do feel sorry for you …. Because you really don’t know and you have been duped by your RVP …. So I will help you out …. Don’t say “Once Preferred Always Preferred” or “We have the only 35 year term” or “The 2 year contestability period waived if already insured” or “30 day free look period” … all of those are not unique to Primerica …. So what makes it unique that is makes it worth your clients paying extra for? Or do you like taking more money out of your clients pockets when they could pay less?

By the way … what if a client wanted a 18 year term policy because they only need 18 years of coverage … would you over sell them 20 years… taking more money out of their pocket because everyone needs EXACTLY 10, 20 or 30 years?

So again I ask you:

What EXACTLY does a Primerica Term Policy have that makes it better QUALITY then a term policy from another company? Why should a client pay more for Primerica?

vtch786 aka PFS "Truth"

Oh by the way, I have nothing to apologize to you for, I didn't put my customers in a position where they have to worry about their family's future if, God forbid, something were to happen to them, you did that! Nor did I admit anything of the sort about AIG.

Read what I said for crying out loud. You can twist and juggle the numbers anyway you want and can come up with any result you want to.

vtch786 aka PFS Truth

Sounds like you're worried about the credibility or lack thereof you have with your clients. Running scared, huh? If you had done the right thing by your customers in the first place you wouldn't find yourself in this situation. Since you sold your clients a cheap AIG product (and you'll notice I said CHEAP not affordable or reasonable or competetive) there is no reason to believe you wouldn't sell them any other inferior product from another company that you're so "proud" to represent and again do what's right for your wallet and your bank account and not do what's right for the client. As you said in one of your other postings: "The Agents ARE the Company!!!"

You make all these wild claims about how you were a rising star in Primerica and you rose to be the #1 sales leader in your state in every category, in just a short period of time. A person can write anything they want on an anonymous site like this - but it doesn't make it true.

So you admit AIG sells more term Life Insurance than Primerica.

I accept your apology

vtch786 aka PFS Truth

AIG can sell all the cheap term life insurance they want but somehow they have to figure out a way to stay in business.