Every business is a pyramid.

CEO - Head Dog (1 person)

Exectutive Staff - Higest level of all managers (hand full of people)

Upper management (bunch of people)

Middle management (bunches more people)

First level management (everyone who was "tricked" to believe... whatever lies any level of upper management supported)

Every other "employee" (thousands)

And.. of course... the wanna-be's... everyone who wants to work for this company.

Oh, and did I mention.. that most people work only because they get a consistent paycheck. No matter how small.

Now that's a pyramid if I ever saw one.

Come to think of it.... Government is the ULTIMATE PYRAMID. We should get rid of it too. And.. it pays some people to do "absolutely nothing".

It seems to me that most people don't like to work (heck, I don't either really). So, they get a job that will pay them for doing as little work as possible with the most pay the they can get. ... this is typical of Americans today (in general). So, when someone really does see a GREAT opportunity which Primerica does have to offer, they see "hey...I might have to work to make money" they use the "pyramid" as an excuse.

I for one am still neutral on being an agent for Primerica (still considering but leaning in favor of joining the ranks)... But, after reading a couple hundred of the complaints and comments of this web site alone I'm finding the actual CONSUMER is not really complaining. It seems that most of the complaints are from people who feel they being tricked to be a representative. So, what the company is doing seems to be right. That it may be some individuals or groups of individuals who may need a little conselling in how they "recruit".

I might suggest if you can keep an open mind and look at what the company has to offer you might be able to see past smoke of a bad rep or two. Who knows, you might even change your mind.

Had an Experience with Primerica?

Comments

Baden, Pennsylvania, United States #30157

My job didn't require a buy-in like a poker game. My income isn't AT ALL related to me creating a downline. I make a nice living without EVER "hiring anyone"

Isn't every job you do a PYRAMID!!!!

Baden, Pennsylvania, United States #28554

"We don't run in the red and we don't sell crappy loans that people are losing their homes over."

Your loans are horrible and the company can't run in the red because it has next to nothing for expenses. No payroll, no marketing, etc.

What it does have to pay is commission on unbearably over-priced products. When you have so much money to work with and no expenses, how can they go in the black?

Sugar Grove, Pennsylvania, United States #27867

We don't want paid employees in Primerica marketing the products or business.That's why Citi doesn't do it.

And, right now, we are about Citi's only productive company they own. We don't run in the red and we don't sell crappy loans that people are losing their homes over.

We had a corporate CEO for about 5 years a while back. He was thinking and treating us like we were employees.

He almost destroyed the company. Now, we have a true capitalist running the company and we are thriving again.

I think those who complain about companies like Primerica are basically socialists who hate to see people make great money.Isn't that right Average Guy?

Sugar Grove, Pennsylvania, United States #27866

I was introduced to Primerica by a friend.He came over with his trainer.

(Oh, I bet you didn't know you have to be trained to do the business. I bet you didn't know you have to have state and national government licenses to market Primerica products.) He asked if I had life insurance. I showed him my $15,000 policy. Now, I had two children and one on the way.

How long do you think $15,000 would have lasted my family if I died? Not long! The Primerica agent showed me that for the same $30/mo I could have a term program for $150,000 coverage. Let's see, I'm buying life insurance for my family if I die.

Which one is better, the $15,000 or the $150,000? Which one Average Guy?

After buying the policy, they offered me a part-time opportunity. So, no Shawn.

You have it backwards. It's the products and services that we are paid from. No agent is paid a dime for recruiting a person.

All commissions are based on the sales of products.So, it doesn't matter how many people you recruit, no sale, no money.

Fort Yukon, Alaska, United States #26881

Primerica's whole purpose is about recruiting "reps" (primarily young people) regardless of their experience and knowledge.

The "services" products are used as an excuse.

No normal business in their right mind would ever recruit people with no experience and give them "a management position" if they didn't think these fools would get their friends and family to join.

It's a scam! If Citigroup really did stand behind this, why not hire regular full-time employees instead of "independents"

Fort Yukon, Alaska, United States #26880

The "services" products are used as an excuse.

It's a scam! If Citigroup really did stand behind this, why not hire regular full-time employees instread on "independents"

Baden, Pennsylvania, United States #26729

Every company is a pyramid.Not every company is multi-level-marketing.

In MLMs, you CAN'T make a livable full-time income without relying on others below you to work and produce.If $50k is big money to you, you'd probably like to know that if you really understood anything about the business, people get paid more than that in SALARY alone in real financial services companies.

So, is every company an MLM?

Tustin, Michigan, United States #26679

Amen!!! Some reps need coaching, but the business itself is incredible. If it were so bad how come they are backed by a 1.9 trillion dollar company, and have so many representatives making over 50,000 dollars a year.