4.8K views

I'm a former Primerica representative and I feel that it is necessary to clear my conscience and tell the world about the horrible experience I had in the company. Back in 2012 I was approached by a guy who's saw my resume on an online job site. He told me that he had this awesome opportunity to show me so I made an appointment to go to his office. This is in Springfield Illinois. At first everybody was real nice to me. They sucked up to the big time and told me what a winner I was. These people are real good blowing smoke up people's ***.

So anyway, I decided to join then and there. It was the biggest mistake I've ever made my life. The first thing they did is asked me for my friends and relatives on a list. They said would make two or three sales and then after that I would be paid the commission on everything else. What happened was the RV P totally screwed me out of my entire market. By the time he was done with me, and I had nobody left to call. Everyone who bought a policy did so out of pity. They thought they were helping me out, instead all that money went up to my upline managers.

These people are the biggest bunch of fakes and phonies ever. All they care about is themselves in screwing people out of the most money possible. They talk a lot of Christian talk. But that's nothing but a scam too.

My advice for anyone who is the investigating this nonsense is to run as far away as possible from Primerica. Don't answer their calls. Don't respond to their emails or their texts. They don't deserve your courtesy, they're total *** bags. This company is completely saturated and whatever opportunity once existed is now long gone. Maybe if I had joined back in 1981 there would be some opportunity left. But that's not the case anymore. You'd be better off trying to sell Amway Products to old ladies than to try to make any money with this garbage.

Had an Experience with Primerica?

Comments

Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada #1321096

FALSE NEWS PERIOD!!!

Springfield, Illinois, United States #1302397

Primerica isn't like blatantly immoral or something.But is it a harsh wake up call?

Yeah, it really can be and in reality, they are flirting with deception. Their starting commissions are WAY WAY WAY under what you can get in other opportunities within the life insurance business. And - recruiting is a major part of the business, because everybody gets a cut of your business and your down line, which is why it takes you so long to make even a decent commission on the business you personally write.

MUCH better opportunities out there.

People can succeed, as Anonymous from Nevada states (and I don't doubt his success), but I would NOT advise a dive into Primerica.Especially if making a list of friends and family...and relying on that...is a turn off.

Did you ever get licensed? If so, stick with it and earn back what you think you lost.

Spring, Texas, United States #1266248

The people who are most upset with Primerica are the same people who most expected to get something for nothing.Using the amount you spent to start a business as a way to say a business doesn't work is only valid if it doesn't work for anyone.

Money has no personality and no work ethic.Some people don't either.

If you cant talk to people its not right for you but what all these people are saying is bull *** I know many people who can actually talk to others, where this has changed there life. We help people mot buy cash value life insurance because why buy 300$/Month Life insurance when you don't need it for life we help people buy term which is cheap and even more coverage if you believe these comments its ok bc there are primericas who are helping people and becoming wealthy ;)

Columbia, South Carolina, United States #1198201

I started at Primerica in 1998 - by 1999 I had spent $1395 to get a couple of licenses.My commissions amounted to about $10.00.

I believe I got paid about .0025 of the revenue generated by my sales. (In later years in my career I found the normal payout on generated revenue is anywhere from 25% to 35%. (None of my uplines were able to tell me exactly how the revenue was paid out - whether they didn't know or just didn't want to share, I'm not sure). I found myself going to meetings and feeling sick - I knew there was something wrong, but couldn't figure it out.

The deception, the fake "Christian" theme, the people who were "successful" and could not even read a paragraph out of a magazine. It was bad.

At the time I was working full time as a commercial property manager. I knew a few people in the financial services industry.

I began to ask questions about how to get started full time - and was hired by Merrill Lynch. Who paid for the rest of my investment licenses and actually paid me a salary. It's not an easy field to work in, and there is so much to learn - but neither is it rocket science. I am now 67 and working four days a week in the field doing client services - no sales.

I've worked in a credit union, in banks; in sales and sales assistant roles. It's been a great career for me. I think the worse thing for me in looking back on the Primerica experience is the lack of understanding about the financial markets, and mutual...

They had no concept of asset allocation, risk assessment, of "historical performance does not indicate future performance" and all the things I learned once I started with a "real" financial firm. I have encountered so many Primerica clients who have lost 60% of their portfolio because they were slapped into one fund that had performed very well the previous year (like Van Kampen Emerging Growth). Didn't matter if the people were conservative, 80 years old, whatever. They got slapped into that fund.

The only good thing I can say is I was introduced to the industry by Primerica - and had the sense to get out before I wasted any more time and money.

#1120141

If you all guys think you are right of what you are complaining.What don't you SUE them and prove it your not wrong and really got scam and try to prove them they are a scammer.

You may probably collect more if you prove yourself right.Let the Justice prevail but not just a comment so it will be fair by the real judgment.

to Anonymous Van Buren Charter Township, Michigan, United States #1206288

Learn the language of this country. Perhaps your comments would be cohesive and sensible.

Montreal, Quebec, Canada #1114169

Agreed! They took advantage of me over big time!

Montreal, Quebec, Canada #1114166

Please help I live in Quebec and a sales person for Primerica tricked me into signing a contract in French it was a loan so I could invest 30k into resps.I no longer can afford the interest and they told me Im locked in for 8 years.

I need out or I will go bankrupt.

Is there a way out?Please help