Dallas, Texas

1. Pryamids are illegal. Primerica is a 31 year old company that is a charter member of IMSA, a select group of insurance companies that have to requalify every two years. Less that 12% of all insurance companies can qualify for the group.

2. It is illegal for insurance companies to make money on recruiting people. [I just finished C.E. classes in business ethics and laws relating to Insurance. If it where true this waitress(?) ( it's may a rival insurance agent trying to pass misinformation about a rival company ) should be on the phone with her state attorney general to report this illegal activity]

3.The Primerica opportunity is not for everyone just like waiting tables is not for everyone.

4. If making money off the efforts of other people is a pryamid you better look at the owner of the place you serve tables. Also, who do youthink makes the most money The wait staff or the owner. Also, look at Al Gore he got part of a NOBEL Prize for standing in front of camera and reading someoneelse's research. You want to see a Pryamid look at the CEO's of an American Corporation. They get Millions to Fire The people that do the actual work for the company. They even get millions when they get fired. Now thats a pryamid!

4. As for recruiting, Every large corporation recruits. If you don't believe me go to a college on career day. Yor job recruited you, with an applicaton and an interview.

5. This is to everyone else, Should we take career and financial from a waitress or should we look at every opportunity with an open mind s we can find the truth for ourselves?

Comments

"I've been in this well constructed pyramid for about 2 months now. I've managed to close (by myself, after my training was sufficient) 5 life insurance applications thus far, yielding myself almost $2000."

"The people who stay uneducated in the field of finance and asset management through this company are the people who join Primerica, complete their training, pass their test, and don't do anything else and expect to get paid. Those are the people who would be better off working a 9-5, doing minimal amounts of work to get a guaranteed hourly pay just to get through the "work day".

"Anybody who complains about our "high interest" rate mortgages don't even understand the concepts and differences between compounding, adjustable, and simple interest"

See the post "Not-So-SMART loan" and you'll understand the major flaw in the product you think is so wonderful.

"All of our mortgages and loans are simple interest only. I would much rather have a fixed, simple interest loan at 9% than an adjustable rate compounding interest loan starting at 5% where my first 5 years of payments are more than 75% interest ANYWAY".

Again, a Primerica education at work.

"The amount of money you'll save on interest is astounding. Anybody who knows anything about finances can tell you this."

"I've also read comments in reguards to overpriced premiums for life insurance. Our policies are not the cheapest, and CERTAINLY not the most expensive. Our company is the largest in the industry,"

LARGEST WHAT?? Largest multi-level marketing company? You ARE NOT the largest!!

"our term rates are much less expensive than some of our competitors who also sell whole life, universal life, variable universal.... etc.The rates that are cheaper are usually smaller companies that nobody has ever heard of, and are going out of business."

My company offers all of the aforementioned policies, AND we're 20-30% less than Primerica for term insurance. I can also assure you that you've never heard of the company I work for. However, we've been in business more than twice as long as Primerica, are much more competitive than Primerica, provide much better services and products than Primerica, and even best---I get paid a salary. I didn't need to buy in to work there. I did however need an education and my securities license.

"If you look online at some of the market values of these smaller companies, many of them are going out of business."

WHOA....name JUST ONE company that you know of that is "going out of business" Did Primerica teach you to make material misrepresentations of other companies?

"I actually contacted one of the less expensive companies (USAA) the other day inregards to how they can manage to sell term policies for less than half the price of ours. Turns out, they only sell to members of their fraternal organization, and you must currently be in military service or have previously been in military service."

"In terms of whole life vs. term insurance, I don't see how anybody could complain about making less money from selling a term policy instead of a whole life policy."

I don't, I get paid the same, as do many other companies.

"Would you rather sell somebody an overpriced service that they don't need just to make extra money, or something they can feel good about owning, and end up keeping?"

I would rather have access to the CORRECT product my client needs. Whole life insurance is a necessity to MANY people. In fact, the clients that UNDERSTAND how it works are very happy to own AND KEEP, much unlike Primerica's one-size-fits-all approach with a RENTED term policy.

"What we do is the right thing for people, and give them insight as to what they're actually buying."

You don't know anything but what YOUR company wants you and your clients to believe. Since you don't know anything but one simple insurance product, don't you just WONDER if what you've been told is truthful? I know once I started "investigating" a few things, I started to see Primerica for what it was and got out ASAP.

"I have not received any chargebacks yet, by the way."

That's wonderful, you and your family's whopping 5 policies are still in force.

"I think it's hilarious though, when former Primerica reps complain that they didn't get paid for sitting around and doing nothing. Then they talk about how it's a pyramid scheme."

What about former Primerica reps like me that work 60+ hours a week in the financial services industry that know what a fraud Primerica is? You know, the type of person who is educated, like you really should be if you're in this business.

"Anyway, I've proven my points. I have many more months and years of successful insurance, mortgage, and securities sales ahead of me. I'll be a Division Leader within another month, making more and more money doing the right thing for families... and eventually become an RVP+. Sorry it didn't work out for some of you."

Nothing wrong with have aspirations. However, keep in mind that if you have one company telling you how great their products and compensation is, it's in YOUR best interest to investigate other products and services that MIGHT be different from your own. If you truly want to "help" people, including yourself, I suggest you break down the barriers your own company creates. There's an exciting and rewarding industry beyond the walls of Primerica. I'm certainly glad I found it.

\"I\'ve been in this well constructed pyramid for about 2 months now. I\'ve managed to close (by myself, after my training was sufficient) 5 life insurance applications thus far, yielding myself almost $2000.\" Now that you and your family has purchased some over-priced term insurance, make it your first priority to change to a competitively priced company the day you give up Primerica.

\"The people who stay uneducated in the field of finance and asset management through this company are the people who join Primerica, complete their training, pass their test, and don\'t do anything else and expect to get paid. Those are the people who would be better off working a 9-5, doing minimal amounts of work to get a guaranteed hourly pay just to get through the \"work day\".\"Could just **some** of those people that leave Primerica possibly have figured out that although Primerica has some wonderful concepts, their business model is not so wonderful?\"Anybody who complains about our \"high interest\" rate mortgages don\'t even understand the concepts and differences between compounding, adjustable, and simple interest.\"See the post \"Not-So-SMART loan\" and you\'ll understand the major flaw in the product you think is so wonderful. \"All of our mortgages and loans are simple interest only. I would much rather have a fixed, simple interest loan at 9% than an adjustable rate compounding interest loan starting at 5% where my first 5 years of payments are more than 75% interest ANYWAY\".Again, a Primerica education at work.

\"The amount of money you\'ll save on interest is astounding. Anybody who knows anything about finances can tell you this.\"How much more money would your client save by not paying your outrageous closing costs and simply getting a fixed mortgage for a term LESS than or EQUAL to your SMART loans PROJECTED payoff?\"I\'ve also read comments in reguards to overpriced premiums for life insurance. Our policies are not the cheapest, and CERTAINLY not the most expensive. Our company is the largest in the industry,\"LARGEST WHAT??

Largest multi-level marketing company? You ARE NOT the largest!! \"our term rates are much less expensive than some of our competitors who also sell whole life, universal life, variable universal.... etc.The rates that are cheaper are usually smaller companies that nobody has ever heard of, and are going out of business.\"My company offers all of the aforementioned policies, AND we\'re 20-30% less than Primerica for term insurance.

I can also assure you that you\'ve never heard of the company I work for. However, we\'ve been in business more than twice as long as Primerica, are much more competitive than Primerica, provide much better services and products than Primerica, and even best---I get paid a salary. I didn\'t need to buy in to work there. I did however need an education and my securities license.\"If you look online at some of the market values of these smaller companies, many of them are going out of business.\"WHOA....name JUST ONE company that you know of that is \"going out of business\" Did Primerica teach you to make material misrepresentations of other companies?\"I actually contacted one of the less expensive companies (USAA) the other day inregards to how they can manage to sell term policies for less than half the price of ours.

Turns out, they only sell to members of their fraternal organization, and you must currently be in military service or have previously been in military service.\"or your parent must have been a member. Although they are not who I work for, they are an incredible company. The services they offer to their clients as well as their rates are astonishing. \"In terms of whole life vs.

term insurance, I don\'t see how anybody could complain about making less money from selling a term policy instead of a whole life policy.\"I don\'t, I get paid the same, as do many other companies.\"Would you rather sell somebody an overpriced service that they don\'t need just to make extra money, or something they can feel good about owning, and end up keeping?\"I would rather have access to the CORRECT product my client needs. Whole life insurance is a necessity to MANY people. In fact, the clients that UNDERSTAND how it works are very happy to own AND KEEP, much unlike Primerica\'s one-size-fits-all approach with a RENTED term policy.\"What we do is the right thing for people, and give them insight as to what they\'re actually buying.\"You don\'t know anything but what YOUR company wants you and your clients to believe. Since you don\'t know anything but one simple insurance product, don\'t you just WONDER if what you\'ve been told is truthful?

I know once I started \"investigating\" a few things, I started to see Primerica for what it was and got out ASAP.\"I have not received any chargebacks yet, by the way.\" That\'s wonderful, you and your family\'s whopping 5 policies are still in force.\"I think it\'s hilarious though, when former Primerica reps complain that they didn\'t get paid for sitting around and doing nothing. Then they talk about how it\'s a pyramid scheme.\"What about former Primerica reps like me that work 60+ hours a week in the financial services industry that know what a fraud Primerica is? You know, the type of person who is educated, like you really should be if you\'re in this business.\"Anyway, I\'ve proven my points. I have many more months and years of successful insurance, mortgage, and securities sales ahead of me.

I\'ll be a Division Leader within another month, making more and more money doing the right thing for families... and eventually become an RVP+.Sorry it didn\'t work out for some of you.\"Nothing wrong with have aspirations. However, keep in mind that if you have one company telling you how great their products and compensation is, it\'s in YOUR best interest to investigate other products and services that MIGHT be different from your own. If you truly want to \"help\" people, including yourself, I suggest you break down the barriers your own company creates.

There\'s an exciting and rewarding industry beyond the walls of Primerica. I\'m certainly glad I found it.

I've been in this well constructed pyramid for about 2 months now. I've managed to close (by myself, after my training was sufficient) 5 life insurance applications thus far, yielding myself almost $2000. This was over the course of about a week and a half. I currently have no downlines who are licensed yet.

I agree, we teach our clients the sheer basics about money that they need to know in order to make better informed decisions about what they need. Anybody who complains about our "high interest" rate mortgages don't even understand the concepts and differences between compounding, adjustable, and simple interest. All of our mortgages and loans are simple interest only. I would much rather have a fixed, simple interest loan at 9% than an adjustable rate compounding interest loan starting at 5% where my first 5 years of payments are more than 75% interest ANYWAY. The amount of money you'll save on interest is astounding. Anybody who knows anything about finances can tell you this.

Second, nobody (at least in my base shop and heirarchy) has ever sold the Primerica opportunity as "Everybody makes it! You'll make millions!" In fact, every Opportunity Night meeting they state the company disclosures multiple times, in regards to the fact that only 5% of their reps end up becoming RVP's and even less make over $100,000 a year. (This is out of over 100,000 Reps.) Also, we have had people fail their tests anywhere from twice, to 14 times in a row at our base shop. We still try to help them study and pass their tests.

If a rep wants to hire incompetent slackers who take the test and fail when they DONT STUDY FOR IT, that's their problem. I like to aim for those people who would enjoy learning something new, ACTUALLY take some time to study the material so they can pass their test, and ACTUALLY take this job seriously - just like any other high paying job.

I've also read comments in reguards to overpriced premiums for life insurance. Our policies are not the cheapest, and CERTAINLY not the most expensive. Our company is the largest in the industry, and our term rates are much less expensive than some of our competitors who also sell whole life, universal life, variable universal.... etc. The rates that are cheaper are usually smaller companies that nobody has ever heard of, and are going out of business. If you look online at some of the market values of these smaller companies, many of them are going out of business. I actually contacted one of the less expensive companies (USAA) the other day inregards to how they can manage to sell term policies for less than half the price of ours. Turns out, they only sell to members of their fraternal organization, and you must currently be in military service or have previously been in military service. They have no "Time of War" clause in their policies, which I found to be quite interesting, considering most other military insurance companies have restrictions on death benefit payout. Well that restricts its clients to a small number of people.

In terms of whole life vs. term insurance, I don't see how anybody could complain about making less money from selling a term policy instead of a whole life policy. Would you rather sell somebody an overpriced service that they don't need just to make extra money, or something they can feel good about owning, and end up keeping? What we do is the right thing for people, and give them insight as to what they're actually buying.

I have not received any chargebacks yet, by the way.

I think it's hilarious though, when former Primerica reps complain that they didn't get paid for sitting around and doing nothing. Then they talk about how it's a pyramid scheme. If you want to complain about it, go type up another resume and send it to your next job as an employee working for somebody else, wearing the golden handcuffs. I'm 100% sure you will not make it very far up THAT pyramid... while here you actually have control over your income.

Anyway, I've proven my points. I have many more months and years of successful insurance, mortgage, and securities sales ahead of me. I'll be a Division Leader within another month, making more and more money doing the right thing for families... and eventually become an RVP+.Sorry it didn't work out for some of you.

many people in the business make over $50,000 a year without any downlines. (and many over $100,000, for that matter) Do you even know what we get paid for just one rollover??

Anyone who says you can't make money without downlines does not understand the compensation package and should not write on a subject they are ignorant on and mislead others. Get the facts!

when you have those recruiting meetings, and I have been to many and from amny offices.

I NEVER hear this is going to be a hard choice to make and hard work.

all you ever hear is how great Priemrica is and how much money you are going to make and how wonderful everything is.

You prey on the simple minded people to sign up so you can win a trip or a dumb shirt. Most Primerica agents don't give a *** that the persont hey are taking the $100 from will never be able to pass that exam.

all they care about is the number game.

They teach you the number game the whole out of 10 numbers.

and hire everyone because you never know where they will lead you.

Well what about that single mom that you sold a dream to and dump because she is having problems passing the exam.

yes Primerica is not for everyone, but they sell it to everyone.

I can't wait to go to a meeting where they tell the people, " THis is a hard *** career, and you are going to have to work your *** of to make money."

Never will happen, they sell the get rich dream, and when people can't do it, they get dropped like a sac of ***

You should feel more like a tool in the tool shed if you think you own ANYTHING in Primerica.

"Maybe you are better off being a wage-slave, and working by the dictates of others...I know that I was a wage=slave before I started at Primerica; a cog in a wheel - now I am THE WHEEL. And that is a very very nice feeling."

jomic55

With regard to "former home office employee".....First, who do you think you are: e.e.cummings? A litttle punctuation and correct grammar and language useage could only help you out in life!!!

Primerica is no joke, and they have 31 years of business records to back that up with. As far as 3-4 agents end up owing money versus making money: that is not Primerica's fault, it is the agents' own inability to BUILD HIS/HER OWN BUSINESS. Primerica will provide a new recruit with tools and methodologies - advice on what they do, and how it should be done - but it is up to a NEW REP to implement those concepts.

Perhaps it is difficult to prospect for new recruits and to also find new possible clients to educate, inform and perhaps purchase a Primerica plan, but this was never intended to be INSTANT WEALTH for you. You will earn based on what you PRODUCE. It's a simple concept:

Work=Possible Income; Income=Your reward for work.

jomic55

You just don't get the approach. It's not that she is/was a waitress. It's not that she has no financial background and no degree or MBA.

She is willing to take a chance on herself by learning a new business.

She may not know everything about all the different Primerica products she may be presenting. She does not have to - that is what her upline and RVP are there for. If she is new, then she is in learning curve: learning the business while also informing possible clients and/or prospects/recruits about the OPPORTUNITIES that are available in and through Primerica.

All she is doing is talking about something to you. If YOU have YOUR own doubts about it, ask more questions. If she is not sure, she should refer you to her upline or RVP.

But NO-ONE, NOBODY is twisting your arm and forcing you to do anything. You have no obligation to do a thing!!!

Yes, she may be just a waitress, but, perhaps soon, she will be something more than that.....GOOD FOR HER!!!

The single most important thing you're not realizing is that in MLM, there's no way to make a livable income without a down line. It just can't happen.

#21907

If you really look around you, our country is surrounded by what you call the "pyramid scheme." What you said about Primerica agents about "if they are making money, they are really making their uplines more money," isn't that how a lot of business are, but just have different term for it? Let's say I worked at a restaurant as a server, don't I have a supervisor whose looking after me?

And I'm pretty sure my supervisor has a manager, and someone else is ranked higher than the manager whose watching over them. I'm pretty sure that I do a harder work than my uplines but they're still getting paid more than I do.

Maybe they wrote some business, got paid on it and had chargebacks after cancellations? They quit the company and then have money owed?

Wouldn't be the first time this happened.

As for the "education"...through Primerica, it's hardly that. Primericans know nothing but what they're taught during the rah-rah sessions.

Former Home Office employee.... do you actually know anything about Primerica? Honestly? how could they OWE?? explain to me how they Owe!

Owww... let me just stab at the dark at this....

You met someone who said they where in Primerica. They liked the idea of it but didnt hear the part about the HARDEST career move you will ever make.

So they start into the company and found out it was work.... TOUGH work. Long hours and LOTS of education. so they walked away thinking that they lost money cause they got some education instead?

I can not find a way that you would lose money in education... since a lot of what they do is Educate there employees/Reps.... Oww yea... and they also educate the people they help on how/what they need to do to become finacialy free.... ( WOW what a concept).

Did i get anywhere close on that??

While life is a "pyramid" pimerica is a joke if i where you i would run fast as i can away from this comany 3/4 agents end up owing money versus making money the if ou do make money you are really making your uplines more money. If you plan on doing securities trade that makes alot of money however I dont know how they fair compared to other companies when it comes to securities