I made a payment for my life insurance and 53.45 came out of my account on March 12, 2018. About a week or so I called Brutus Lederl, who was the person from Primerica and ask him when will my next payment be taken from my account.

He said to me that the payment I made will cover April. Your next payment will come out in May. I asked him again are you sure that the money come out in May he said yes. I then said I needed to be sure so can make sure that the money was in the account, he again said that my March payment covers me for April.

I said okay and I paid all my bill, leave on my gas money that I needed because I only get paid once a month. On April 25 another draft of 53.45 came out of my account. I immediately call Brutus Lederl, but he didn’t answer. However, I got a text that he was in a meeting.

I told him that 53.45 was just withdrawn from my account and that I was upset because we had talked about it! When he finally called at first he acted like we didn’t have a conversation about when my next payment. He said that he didn’t tell me that my next payments comes of in May. Other words where exchange and I told him that I wanted to cancel my policy.

He informed me that he was out of town and Alycia Morrison could do what was needed and that I needed to write a letter canceling my life insurance and I did on April 25, 2018 and have it to Alycia Morrison. I text Brutus Lederl on Tuesday, May 22, 2018 and said, Please make sure that money is taking out of my account and I told him that I had received a letter from primerica. Sent a text asking what did the letter say, but I didn’t see the text until I had already talked to Brutus insured me that everything was taking care of. He said that he had checked on it and that said processing.

I asked so no money is going to be taking from my account he said no! Today when I checking account 53.45 had been talking from my account, I call Brutus and he call primerica while I was on the phone. I don’t know what was said before he connected we with the lady, but the lady said that they never receive a Cancellation for my policy. I left my number for someone to call me back.

About 15 min went by. I text Brutus Lederl for primerica number, he sent it to me but by the time I got the number, they were already closed. I said to Mr. Brutus, all called you on Tuesday, them said I wouldn’t have been able to do anything.

I said, but I wrote a cancellation Notice on April 25, 2018. I found out that Alycia didn’t send the cancellation Notice, send emailed it to Brutus! I understand that he makes money for what he sales. I get paid once a month so I have to make my money last.

I don’t know if the letter was sent, I wrote the letter and was told by Mr. Brutus Lederl that the matter was handled and that I didn’t worry about money being taken from my account. Mr. Brutus didn’t seem to care that I was yet again let with because of something he claims he took care of.

I wasn’t told by Mr. Brutus that I could call cancel the policy on my own! The lady I talk to from customer service is the one who told me I could call and cancel the policy. I feel like I’ve been mislead and take advantage of.

Mr. Brutus goes on and on about how good primerica is! I don’t feel that way. My you guys take good care of you employees, but your clients .

I would like someone to call me back about this situation and I would like to cancel my policy again. Policy 0490991288. I would like to be refunded the payment for April and the payment for May which was not authorized.

Thank you! Tamara Sutton Strong

Product or Service Mentioned: Primerica Life Insurance.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Comments

Regena

We are sorry to hear of your experience and apologize for any inconvenience you may have been caused. Our records show that your policy has been canceled and a refund has been issued. If you need further assistance or have questions, please call the Client Services toll-free number, 1.800.257.4725.