Spring, Texas

Primerica is not all bad, but it does have some negative things about it.

Primerica has a good product to offer its clients.The only problem is with this company is that they do not tell you everything up front. First you pay $99

for the background check, plus $25 for the first payment for your website, The website is not for clients or potential clients but instead for you to refer back to when you want info.This company is pretty much a DON'T ASK, DON'T TELL...

If you are a Primerica rep and are making money more power to you. If you are considering joining take your time and gather all your info first. I'm not saying don't join but ask the the questions first. Ask for a written letter with all fees and charges due for the next year and ask the RVP to sign it.

Remember all they want is for you to get in, once you're in you're done. Think about it if you paid $124 then are you get to risk that for a $5 fee or a $10 dollar fee? Probably not and without realizing it you will triple your investment with no return.

Comments

THATS RIDULOUS SO ITS OK TO GET A JOB AND BE THE ONE PAYING INSTEAD OF THE COMPANY PAYING YOU?

TRAINING IS USUALLY PAID

PRIMERICA IS A SCAM THEY JUST WANT PEOPLE TO WASTE THEIR TIME WHY WOULD ANYONE WANT TO BENEFIT A COMPANY AND WORK FOR FREE?

THATS A JOKE

DONT TRUST PRIMERICA THEIR REPRESENTATIVES ARENT HONEST WITH YOU FROM THE START THEY EXPECT YOU TO GIVE OUT PEOPLES PHONE NUMBERS FOR THEM TO BOTHER THEM AND WASTE THEIR TIME TOO THEY DONT TELL YOU EVERYTHING UP FRONT THEY WASTE YOUR TIME AND ARENT CLEAR WITH YOU ABOUT WHAT THEY ARE LOOKING FOR

THEY ONLY WANT AGENTS SO THEY CAN MAKE MONEY OFF YOUR WORK

GREAT OPPORTUNITY

What's the big picture? Its an oppurtunity to own a business because when you make the RVP designation, You are able to sell your downline to someone else!

What options do you have in your JOB! I can't be laid off when the market and my firm crashes. I understand what you think to be true, but you have no control over your life, they do! Benefits are still paid by you!

A roth is just as effective as a 401k for tax purposes. The matching funds is what makes bank in a job! Besides you pay a full tax bracket and get no deductions to play with.

I've been self-employed for years before getting in this business and can not find a better system to flourish under. Your right that nothing is for free, yousacrifice as much and probably much more than I do because my future is in my hands, not your bosses.

For any of my licenses. I get paid a base salary. I pay nothing for: "The website also runs your entire business with client tracking, online education, personalized public view web page, e-mail"

Why do you need to pay for this stuff when you can get it for free, with a salary, benefits, a W-2 (saves you over 7% in taxes), more & better products offered a lot less expensively?

Oh, if I want to be an agency manager, I can earn that right as well. I don't even have to recruit it, they'll let me manage THEIR agents. You'll find out one day that a successful agent makes more than a manager.

I prefer to leave my friends and family alone. You can always tell who the multi-level guy is at a party...he's the one everyone ignores.

If that's your cup of tea, so be it. THERE'S NOTHING WRONG WITH PRIMERICA'S THEORY. It's their misleading "own your own business, we have the best products in the world, we're the only one that does the right thing" attitude instilled through brainwashing techniques employed by uplines.

If it's so great why are'nt the fees mentioned when you sign up. I agree The license is worth it but the comment of $25 for your own business is rediculous.

That is not your own business, You can not advertise or make business cards with your name only. How is that your own business. I'm sorry to tell you but you have been brain washed.

Enjoy your life with CRIMERICA, I hope you make a lot of money and never realize that your just a sucker. I

@Rook

The issue is not with the company. It is with the individual offices.

They are supposed to tell you everything up front. They are supposed to walk through the entire process, and basically hold your hand until you're ready to become a leader. Most offices don't do things the way they're supposed to. Not the way the CEO would want them to.

The problem is that they're not strict enough with inspecting and overseeing what every single office is doing. Everyone would make a lot more money if they did. The office I work with does everything honest and by the book.

We are in touch with the main NSDs, and do everything properly. No one is mislead and no one complains.

You guys seem to be missing the big picture. Yes you may pay a discounted price to get licensed, but what are you giving up?

Check your products and commissions compared to what you can get outside of Primerica. Nothing in the industry is free. It's a give and take industry. A few major considerations are you are captive and you may be under a noncompete (depending on the state law) you are subject to roll backs and you have a full-time requirement and must give up a leg to reach a certain commission level. As I said look at the whole picture. If you can live with your contract I say more power to you.

Yes you may save a few bucks, but what do you give up? Possibly thousands.

Well written John. If you paid for all the classes and state license fees to work with another firm , it would be 1300 to 1500 dollars out of your pocket.

The website also runs your entire business with client tracking, online education, personalized public view web page, e-mail, and all business is paperless by up-loading through that site.

Not bad to run a business for $25 a month. I've owned many businesses before, and have not found anything yet to compare to the oppurtunity Primerica offers!

@Happy Primerican!

Not at all. It merely allows big brother to take over your accounts when you leave, as 35% do each year.

Sounds pretty fair to me. $124 to get insurance licensed.

I spent $335 on 1 text book for a college class last quarter.

I am also spending $20,000 a year on education that does not guarantee me a job, just the right to go job hunting. Even if it cost $500 to get licensed, big deal.