Lodi, Ohio
9K views

me and my wife paid $500 for life insurance. After we paid the fee for the insurance two weeks later we got a phone call from the representative saying that our policy had to be cancelled. The reason they cancel it is because my wife is a little overweight...mind you she is in perfect health just a little overweight not morbidly obese about 30 to 40 pounds overweight...we were told because she is overweight they could not issue a policy for life insurance..we contacted the actual policy holder and they said they did not cancel it was actually the issuer which is prime America...when we asked for a refund we were denied because we had already prepaid for a policy...I tried to argue that the $500 was for the policy but it was denied by their company they in turn stop taking my phone calls and voicemails and emails...I have spent well over 100 emails trying to get our money back and they have said nothing back at all...so now we are out $500 and it appears that they don't care..

Comments

Some people are saying Prime America and some Primerica. I know Primerica is a very upstanding company that serves all clients very well.

Prime America I don't know of them. All of the comments about Primerica are A-OK.

You should probably not deal with Prime America, Find someone at Primerica and get great service and advice like I have received.

No matter your health, 300 is high for any height... sorry. No life insurance company will ensure you.

Why don't you go to the office? They have to refund you. I know, because i work for Primerica.

At least report them to the state board of banking and insurance. And I would recommend the television news.

Contact the Insurance Board of your state and mame acomplaint. You can do t online and they definitely will investigate and tell you your rights.

Promise you, by law, they will respond. They have too.

@Anonymous

The Chief of Finance, it used to be The Insurance Commissioner. What I do get e mail for your Governor, Congressman, & Chief of Finance ...

then copy to the Insurance, & whoever else is involved.

Don't give up. Mar

Report to your local state insurance commissioner.

anurse came to my home and did a physical and ekg etc..everything looks good she sais..i lost 300 lbs but im still around 300.im healthy.i do n ot have diabvetes,hypertension,my heart is perfect,my bp is 12268 perfect! i dont smoke or drink or drug..i drive a truck and the government just gave me a complete physical threer weeks prior to this one and im perfrect..jkust big guy..come on..they sday im too big bmi..this is stupiod..

The girls at prime America in pico Rivera , CA . Are fake and they are money hungry, just looking for sugar daddies to support them.. Very bad company..

Any insurance company will unfortunately deny your wife of any insurance because of that reason. It`s sad but true any kind of tiny health problem they won`t cover.

So I don`t think that it was Prime Americas fault. It`s just the rules of every insurance company.

Not true!!#

@kylie

That is not true! There are more than 2000 insurance companies in America and yes, every company has little difference in their underwriting...but that does not mean ALL companies will deny them coverage.

Go to your state's department of insurance website and find out how you can file a complaint. It is illegal for them to deny you coverage and keep the premiums paid.

@kylie

Not true. There are many good companies that will accept her. USAA is one.

Easy solution here.

Contact your state's Commissioner of Insurance.

They cannot do this! If they denied your coverage, you are entitled to a refund BY LAW!

Sic 'em!

@gene

prime America are professional scam artist when he reads the fine print he'll find out that the 500 he pay we're not for insurance premiums the 500 he pay was to prime America in hopes of being one of many insurance companies candidates or clients

@Anonymous

These situations are indeed an insult to all Primerica professionals who truly work hard to do the best for their clients. I am one of those people!

I love working for Primerica and enjoy the positive and affirming teams we've built here in Louisiana. You would do us ALL a favor by calling the insurance commissioner in your state and report this immediatly .....one bad apple doesn't represent all of us.

If you know anything about finances and insurance, you'd understand the mission of Primerica. We are a valid company with great opportunities for many clients and job seekers.

@Karen

I work for an insurance agency and our rates and discrimination laws are nothing like Prime Americas

#842029

You should write your state insurance department and explain what happened.

You signed an application for insurance.

There is no guarantee that a policy will be issued if the underwriter considers an applicant to be uninsurable. However, it is common practice to refund the money submitted with application if coverage is denied.