Oceanside, New York
5 comments

This is a company to avoid at all costs whether as a would be sales representative or as a policy holder. As a potential representative, the model fo growth is a multi leverl markeitng scheme based on one's wam markets (friends and family).

There is not an emphasis of sales. There is a low end commission on sales. The focus is recruiting ones friends and making a cut off of their work. You only get several licenses and cannot become a full broker of all financial services.

Sales reps are limited to what investment products they can sell.

Start up fees and reoccuring fees are also part of the initial package in hiring, so expect at least $200 out of pocket right away.

Do You Have Something To Say ?
Write a review

Comments

You will be automatically registered on our site. Username and password will be sent to you via email.
Post Comment
Anonymous
#817303

Hey anonymous... Maybe you should try graduating from High School and taking a "spelling class" Please !

Anonymous
#685747

I guess you've never realized that working a regular 9-5 is a pyramid? You can work many hours for your boss and still get the same pay, right? No promotions either, correct? Whether its Primerica, Amway, Herbal life, Mary Kay, Avon, etc, the work you put in is what you get out.

You are limited to promote certain product but you failed to mention that you need A LICENSE to be a broker. Get all your licenses and do something with them then talk.

I believe you're scared of a little hard work :x

Anonymous
#689751
@Queen of Queens

Well, offense, but why dont you tell us in DETAIL how new "reps" get paid ? Remember, in DETAIL...

Anonymous
#704122
@Queen of Queens

This is the biggest load of *** of all time. Let me start by pointing out that a company's organizational structure resembling the shape of a pyramid does not, at all, make that organization automatically a "pyramid scheme". It simply means that there is fewer people managing more people, which is basic common sense. If that were where it ended for pyramid schemes/mlm then there wouldn't be a problem.

The issue is that roughly about 1-5% of the pyramid scheme make all the money, the vast majority of which comes directly from those at the bottom, while the 90-95% of those at the bottom are guaranteed to lose money. They have to to fund the pyramid, or there would be no "millionaires" at the top. So the main issue is that you have sales reps selling the rights to sell the "opportunity" to sales reps who sell the rights to sell the "opportunity" to sales reps to sell the "opportunity" ad nauseum. In Primerica, at least there are products that are sold outside of the organization, but to make any kind of legitimate profit, the rep would have to hard recruit everyone he talked to so he could build up enough overrides that he's making enough money off of other people's efforts (and family & friends) that he turns a profit.

That's the issue in MLM; for those at the top to profit, those at the bottom have to lose money (or in Primerica's case take a massive cut in their own pay out so the commissions on your effort can be given to those at the top). That the entry-level commission payout is 25% while street-level commissions for other industry independents is in the 80-100% range, and 55-65% + benefits for captives should make it obvious that the other 70-80% or 100% is going to your upline for your work. In a legitimate business, the one making the sale gets 90% of the commission payout and the manager might get the other 5-10% in overrides, not the other way around.

You see, in a non-mlm company, every individual employee profits by contributing in their individual roles. The CEO makes the most because his job entails the most responsibility & risk. If he screws up, the company could fail. If a lower level employee scews up, the company will be fine. So yes, the CEO makes more than those at the bottom, but because he has FAR more responsibility, and ALL profit from the arrangement. Primerica's average annual income for ACTIVE REPS ONLY is about $5,500. Include all 100,000 of them and it drops to within the $1,000 range. If you truly owned your own business, your "upline" would not be taking such a huge cut of your income.

Btw, I work for a Fortune 100 company for a boss and control my income. I bring home a salary, bonus, benefits, and a commission. Quit drinking the MLM kool-aid, they've brainwashed you. :x

Anonymous
#788890
@ssx1

"At least there are products sold outside of the organization"

???

"That the entry-level commission payout is 25% while street-level commissions for other industry independents is in the 80-100% range, and 55-65% + benefits for captives should make it obvious that the other 70-80% or 100% is going to your upline for your work."

Industry average is 48%

http://www.ask.com/answers/86494661/who-has-the-most-6-figure-earners