RVP in Primerica is a license to steal!

My wife and I worked in Primerica for 2 years, earned our Green Jacket (Top 150 reps in the company below Regional Vice President) and made it to Regional Manager (1 Step below RVP) only to have my RVP steal my entire team from us and force us out of the business. I always knew Primerica Financial Services (PFS) was a multi-level marketing company but that never bothered at the time. People in the company will pretend to care about you and be your friend but believe me, they don't and they aren’t. They only care about how much money you can make them. If you believe otherwise then you're just as much of a sucker as I was. It's only a matter of time before you realize this yourself and you'll quit.

If you currently work in Primerica, you don't believe anything I'm telling you right now, I understand that. They had me brainwashed too. But right now, you're better off quitting and doing something else. If you want to start a business, that's fine. Do it the right way, get a real job or career, save some money and start a REAL business. Don’t start some multi-level *** that will never work. I'm sure your upline manager has already been in your head. I used to do it to other people. I brainwashed people so that they wouldn't quit and would only listen to me. I've been farther in Primerica than most people you know. I have all the licenses and won all the company trips and did everything they said would work only to have it taken from me. And you know what? The company gives their RVP's 100% control of the office and when my team (25 people actively showing up) was taken from me, the company stood by their RVP and did nothing. I never thought he would do it to me just like you might think your RVP would never do that to you, but it happened. Do your family a favor and GET OUT while you can. I won’t say his name but I guarantee if you’ve been in PFS long enough, you've heard of him. He was on the cover of FYI magazine. (A Primerica magazine featuring the young and successful in the company)

After I left PFS it took me a year to pick up the pieces and get my career back to where it was. PFS ruined personal relationships I had with people I was close to. We were taught if people wouldn't sit down with us and listened to what we were selling then we shouldn't talk to them anymore. I taught others to do that as well. I severed numerous relationships. My RVP wanted me to buy hookers with him when we were in Mexico for his bachelor party. I'm a married man, that's not happening, even if I wasn't married. When we got back from Mexico my RVP was so afraid I was going to tell his fiancé about how many hookers he bought he started to sabotage my business. He started stealing people off my team and putting them under him and turned other people in the office against me. He was stealing overrides from me so I would quit. He had many ways he used to do it. In the end he stole $2000 worth of overrides from me when I was at my father’s bedside after he had triple bypass surgery. At that time my family really needed that money because I was taking time away from the business to take care of my father and his business affairs. My RVP also figured out ways to manipulate the system to win trips that he didn't deserve. That's how he got into FYI magazine. The guy was a total crook. I told Primerica’s home office and even his upline who are National Sales Director's. They all treated my wife and I like outcasts. They all protect their RVP's and that's that. That's one of the main flaws of the system. Your RVP can do whatever they want to you and get away with it. And if you go and complain, they just spin it back around on you and say that you're a negative person and you don't want to work. If you have worked there as long as I have you get to see how it works. It's all about manipulating people to believe whatever you want them to believe.

Listen; if you have a family, you need to GET OUT. Look at what people make below RVP. You can see what almost everyone makes in the company if you’re a member on the company’s website. It only shows the top 25 income earners but not the 1000's of others who make nothing unless you know how to look for it. Yeah, once in a while someone has a good month but then that's it. It's feast and famine. Even IF you make it to RVP, there's still no guarantee you'll make money. Once you qualify for RVP you have to give your entire team away to your upline and start all over again. You know how many RVP's the company has that make next to nothing or quit? Tons. The company doesn't talk about those people though. The odds of becoming successful in any MLM are slim to none. They sell you on this pipe dream that never comes to fruition. When you're on the inside, they keep pumping your head with all this fluff so you won't get discouraged because they know if you quit they won't make as much money. They're employing you for free!!! Don't you get it? You don't own ANYTHING until you've been an RVP that has other RVP's for at least 5 years. Otherwise it has no value. Listen, do what you want but just think about your family first! Contrary to what your RVP will tell you, the only person that has your best interests in mind is YOU! NOT THEM, YOU! So when they give you this BS about how they're looking out for you, don’t listen! You may work for Primerica now and you may not have wanted to hear what I just told you. But just remember what you just read the day you finally decide to quit. That day is inevitable and then you’ll know I was right. Good luck to you!

Report Comment Private message author

Helpful? 52 Yes 52 239 No 239
Had the same issue 52 Yes 52
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

2 days ago #1218257 State College, Pennsylvania

Wow. Your RVP needed reported to FINRA!!! If you had read your securities manual closely, buyng hookers on trips, and then writing off the business trip would normally land you in jail!! Didn't you see Wolf of Wall Street??? I'm sorry you had such an awful time of it. I would have gone further than uplifted about the problem. No one here wanted to believe Jerry Sandusky was a creep either.....but guess what there's a bad one most everywhere..look at all the good they've done for people and all the successful people there are...I woild have moved RVPs after that incident. You might still have your team. So sad.
One bad apple doesn't spoil the whole bunch.

Aug 24 #1203125

quitters quit and blame everyone else...that's what they do.

Aug 11 #1197930 Sacramento, California

This is sad. You had a bad experience with a bad individual and you place it on the entire company. I have empirical evidence in our up line RVP's that this isn't happening. I'm not saying your experience didn't happen, but that is on your RVP who probably set you up himself to come put on top.

May 02 #1152807

I'm sorry that you had such a horrific experience. Most of what you said seems to be a character flaw with your RVP. In any organisation there will be people like that. I'm not clear how your RVP got all of your team if you were not promoted to RVP. I do think that RVPs who take a downline entire team are greedy and selfish. Glad to know that you've made a recovery and I wish you great success

10 2 Reply

Jul 22 #1188263 New Orleans, Louisiana

Hi! How is someone able to take another's downline? How is that possible? I just want to know so that I can protect myself, thanks!

0 1 Reply

Sep 19 #1215098 Hesperia, California

Bluntly, you can't. It is part of the contract you will sign to become an RVP. If you take an RVP contract your RVP gets what is called a replacement. That replacement will be whatever your RVP decides it is. In my experience, that is your entire down line...that is the price of Primerica...or at least one of the prices as there are a great deal more.

Mar 25 #1133683

I like how the Primerica supporters come out in droves to defend the company. I worked there for a couple years before moving on to a larger global financial services firm ($100b in annual revenue) and now now a PM at a Wall Street firm with $1.5t in assets. I can tell you Primerica is good for one thing: selling insurance. People need insurance and Primerica does a great job and I am proud to have helped get people without insurance covered. But the products are far more expensive than almost every other insurance company. Not to mention Primerica sells increasing premium term and level premium policies that automatically convert to ART policies after 5-10 years (without telling the client) which is borderline fraud. And the supposed "amazing education" is misleading at worst and primitive at best. Anyone with a real education will tell you there's flaws in the numbers. But like I said, I applaud Primerica for spreading insurance policies to the uninsured. I just hope those people switch to a different policy to save hundreds of dollars a year. If you want to start a financial services career I'd look elsewhere. You can make more at almost every other firm and you will actually help people by managing their assets and planning their retirement. The Primerica jokers just know how to sell you expensive mutual funds and term policies. Both of which, in most instances, make you worse off.

3 9 Reply

Jun 29 #1179149 Toronto, Ontario

Do you have the opportunity own that $100b company? The Answer is NO. You are one life insurance sell man, if you think Primerica only sell life insurance. Negative people like you should be isolated in an island on your own.

4 3 Reply

Sep 19 #1215104 Hesperia, California

And you have the opportunity to own what, exactly? Because you certainly can't keep your clients if you leave Primerica, you can't sell "your business" to somebody not in Primerica, and when you become an RVP your RVP can take whatever they want...so please enlighten everyone as to this ownership you are talking about.

Mar 06 #1123176

There is no way that an RVP can steal your team or overrides at all so stop justifying why you quit and just because you quit doesn't mean that everyone else will. Quoting is a part of life quitters quit and winners win that's the way that's it's always been and that's the way it will always be. Stop blaming your upline downline or sideline. Take personal responsibility for your actions and stop blaming others with all of your negative projections. If you didn't make it that's on you, you weren't tough enough.

20 5 Reply

Sep 19 #1215108 Hesperia, California

This comment by Anonymous is a lie. Read the RVP contract. You must provide your RVP with replacement legs when you become an RVP. Those legs can take any form the RVP chooses. You have 3 amazing sales people and 10 that do nothing...guess what legs your RVP wants?

Robbie Brock

Feb 23 #1116301 Hattiesburg, Mississippi

Primerica is the largest financial services marketing company in North America. I'm 30 years old and have held half a dozen jobs and worked with a few hundred different people. Primerica currently has 106,000 licensed representatives. They are not all going to be good people. The company has very clear guidelines with respect to promotions and giving up replacement legs once you accept the RVP promotion. You can leave one leg in your RVP's base shop if that leg is producing. It may take your entire team to account for the required production if you don't have a stud or two in there. Primerica has built a fantastic distribution system using world class financial products. If I'm going to fail at something, I'm going to help some people along the way. And if I'm going to fail at something, I'm going to fail at pushing towards a life of freedom for my family rather than accepting a fraction of what my time is worth building someone else's business. End of story, we live in a broken world with broken people. Primerica is changing the game and shining some light into the dark. Be apart of it...or don't

15 4 Reply
Savii

Feb 04 #1106094

I can say it is heavily contingent on who your RVP is and who your upline are. In an ideal situation each person in your upline will understand the concept to build others is building yourself and vice versa. However it's very unfortunate and socially predictable that many are just greedy people looking out for self.
Or maybe they've been burned enough to not care, or believe it's a right of passage.
It's very unfortunate as well that the outstanding persons like you for example, leave, because you would be the change in your company, you effect the change in your downline. You're the person I look for when I choose an RVP to work under. I do understand the giving of a downline to be very hard to accept. I try to think of it as a payment to the RVP (hopefully deserving) for helping build your business. But if you only have obe solid leg, you lose everything. I've realized long ago, you're only as strong as the number of SOLID productive legs you have. Yes you'll get a cut, but you can still build off of that. Regardless, the RVP contract is the favorable, I honestly wished you would've stayed with it, and hit the ground running, no doubt you would've built a substantial business in no time because you're a winner. But I understand.
However, as my second time back in, im honestly focused only on getting ALL my licences, fact is Primerica does provide a very solid and great educational and training tool. And no one can stop you from taking your licences somewhere
... Show more

Best of luck to you you

May 01 #1152696 Cocoa Beach, Florida

You only have to give up once, so you want to go RVP (Regional Vice President) as soon as possible, and everything after that point is yours. I have found it to be a career of freedom and professionalism and being able to have control of your future. Just like anything in life, the more you give to others, the more you get in then end. I am here for the long term goals, not the short.

3 0 Reply

Jan 25 #1100644

what you say is interesting however these ACCREDITED sources say primerica is cream of the crop A+ rated and only 15 percent of insurance companies get that ratingand one of the top 50 most trusted financial companies.hmmm sounds liek you didnt understand how the replacement leg works. this primerica thing works the problem was you gave up got upset and quit on yourself your family and your dreams. http://www.bbb.org/atlanta/business-reviews/financial-services/primerica-in-duluth-ga-6985

9 2 Reply

Jan 11 #1092680

If you honestly knew how the business works then you wouldn't have posted this.. This was a waste of time me reading this.. No one is out to get no one... Smh!!!

6 2 Reply

Jan 09 #1091836

Just getting started with Primerica and truly appreciate your story.

4 3 Reply

Sep 16 #1213440 Wasilla, Alaska

This guy is full of it. He had a bad RVP. Stick with it. You'll see changes.

Jan 05 #1089421

There are many types of people in many different positions.
It sounds like your RVP was a complete *** who took advantage of his power. Then again, we are only hearing 1 side of the story.
I feel for you. I worked at a company called Bankers Life and Casualty. If you think Primerica is bad, you would think that Bankers is a pimple of Satan's butt. And Bankers I don't think was as bad as you are trying to describe Primerica.
Multi Level Marketing has its problems, yes, Primerica is Multi Level Marketing. On my first day interview I called them a Ponzi Scheme, pyramid, and "too good to be true". I did my research, and it is a good company.
I worked for MetLife in the industry before. I worked 40-50 hours a week, had a manager who would call me in and basically tell me "You suck because you aren't selling enough". Primerica doesn't have that.
It is a good company, but certainly each office is different, each RVP is different, and make sure you talk to the people you will be working for and with. My RVP is a great guy. Yours sounds like he was a POS. Doesn't mean all are. Hope you feel better after the rant, but every company has its issues. My mother was fired from Merck, 6 weeks before she would have gotten a full retirement plan.

10 0 Reply

Nov 30, 2015 #1071638

I became a Regional Manager in PRIMERICA in 11 months. That is too little time to see success in any opportunity.
Try and go to a 4 year college and completed only 2 years and see what you get? NOTHING RIGHT.
THATS WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU.
You were not forcussed. Primerica needs tougher people than you.
Good luck

23 8 Reply

1-20 of 153 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Primerica. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Primerica.
Filing a new complaint about
×